Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blender 3D

For those who know me, I'm a pretty curious guy. I think it's a good trait to have. I always like trying new things. For example, I've always been interested in 3D graphic design, like you seen in Pixar movies. So I decided to learn the basics of 3D modeling.



I decided to use Blender 3D, a free 3D modeling and animation program found here: http://www.blender.org/ There is a very active community that has created plenty of helpful tutorials. I started by following this one: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro




It's been a fun experience. I've learnt a lot about modeling and even did a bit of animation. Although I have absolutely no artistic talent, I was still able to create some neat stuff using tutorials.


Now that I know the basics, I think I'll more on to another project. I'll always be able to come back and mess around if I wanted to and the experience has gotten me to view 3D animation in a new light. I could do some really cool stuff, but time is always the determining factor. I guess I'd rather be a jack-of-all traits than a master of one.

2 comments:

  1. are you still doing 3D redering?

    Or have you moved on to C programming instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm moving on to other projects. Might go back to it one day.

    ReplyDelete