Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Micro Review: Lost

I'm going to have to say something about Lost. You know Lost right? Well, Lost is a TV show that just finished its six year run. It's full of mystery and character development. I love it. I won't be going in too much dept about the series, as men wiser than myself have already done so. I just want to write something about it because it has had such an impression on me.



I first got introduced to Lost at Acadia University. At the time, I had a TV and had bought some rabbit ears from Radio Shack (now known as The Source). I had Joanna and a bunch of other people in my room (Andrew, Kristen and Shannon I believe) and I was flipping through the three channels I was able to receive. I came upon a scene of a fiery plane crash, people were running everywhere. We got introduced to Jack while he goes about trying to save everyone. We were intrigued, so we started watching. This was the very first episode and we eventually got a taste of the mysteries of the island, ie the smoke monster. I was hooked, and so was everyone else. Meeting up in my room or the common lounge became a weekly ritual to watch Lost. I've never had that kind of... addiction to any other show.

There was plenty of highs and lows in those six seasons of Lost, but it was always one hell of a ride. I made Joanna watch every single episode. We cried at the end of The Constant, we laughed at Hurley and we were freaked out (more her than me :P ) at some very intense scenes. I learnt as much as I could about the show, reading the Lost wiki, the ARG and whatever the producers had said. I was always interested in the answers, I wanted to know everything. However Lost, being what it is, was never going to give us all the answers and I think that's what left a lot of people sour after the series finale. I was lucky as a few episodes before the series finale, I turned from a man of science to a man of faith, knowing that sadly the answers will never fully be disclosed. It was never about the mysteries anyway, it was the journey of the characters.

Anyway, I'm a Lost fanboy. I'm not sure if I'll ever watch it again though. It wound't be the same and I'd like to keep the original 'taste' I had from the first time. Highly recommended to anyone who likes good television/mystery/characters. Just rent the box sets, sit down and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment