Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Goodbye Queens

It comes with great sadness to announce that me and Joanna are moving out of Queens County. Joanna got a permanent teaching position in Digby and for a new teacher this is incredible news. Not incredible is the fact that we will be leaving the wonderful South Shore. We have definitely fell in love with the area and would of loved to made this our permanent home, but we got to go where the jobs are.


So I would like to thank everyone who has made the South Shore home for the two years we were here. I'd like to say thanks to everyone at the LQRDA. Anne, Neil, the new and the old Jessica, Tina, Ivan, Jim and Corey, you guys are all awesome and I had an excellent time working with you guys. I learnt a lot, I just hope I wasn't to loud and rowdy.

Everyone at Online-Support! My friend Steve, my former TL Monia, and everyone on the floor, thanks! A lot of you have moved on, but you'll always hold a special place... in my Facebook friends list. You guys made working at a call center not bad at all, even, dare I say, enjoyable?! Best of luck to you all!

Summerville Christian Church, it would be an understatement to say that we enjoyed worshiping with Rev Jen and the congregation. Everyone we brought to this little church off old highway 3 was impressed. We were lucky to be able to live so close to such a wonderful church.

To the Spectacle Light Society, I had a great time and I wish you all luck getting the Spectacle Island open for everyone to enjoy. It's societies like you guys that not only preserve what we have, but to also showcase to the world the great things to see and do in Nova Scotia.

To all the gamers who participated in the Liverpool Electronic Entertainment Tournaments. We had an awesome time. I wish I could continue doing these in the area, maybe one day I'll be able to.I'd also like to thank all the sponsors who supported the events. Thank you to Brian Fralic and everyone at Privateer Days for helping out with the Privateer Days LEET. Brian is the chair of the Privateer Days committee and works ridiculously hard on the yearly festival. I'd also like to thank Greg at the curling club for letting me us it for the two other LEETs.

I'd like to wish good luck to Nick Moase, a reporter for the Advance. I kept on running into him wherever I went, this guy is everywhere! Keep up the good work!

Anyway, I'm sure there are tons of people I left out, but I hope you all know that everyone in Queens County helped make it feel like home.

Good luck and take care!!

2 comments:

  1. What incredible news! I suppose this is the reason we are getting together tomorrow...didn't want to spoil it, but news travels fast in a small town! I am so incredibly happy for you both... we knew our time together would be uncertain, but hoped it would have been longer. Thank you for your good words about our little church... you folks have been fantastic and we have enjoyed your fellowship and the many wonderful gifts you bring to our family...of which you will always, always be a part. You are not that far away, and I hope that we will still be able to see you time and again. May God richly bless you both in this new venture. We sure have been blessed by you. Peace, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your wife! Hopefully you'll enjoy Digby. You may be bumping into my predecessor from The Advance, Leanne Delong, from time to time. Good luck in the new area!

    Nick Moase
    P.S. Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete